Month: January 2018
EYFS Sports Day
Thursday morning saw the children in Nursery and Reception out in the sunshine taking part in their Sports Day. Each group had lots of fun participating in a variety of races. The children all ran their races with great determination and enthusiasm. It is clear to see that they are already developing a sense of teamwork and sportsmanship.
We would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who cheered the children on from the sidelines and to all the parents who helped on a race; it was very much appreciated.
The parents’ race was as competitive as ever with them trying to prove themselves to be the fastest and strongest for their adoring fans. The day ended with a surprise race for the teachers.
We hope everyone enjoyed the day!
Check out some of the photos from the event:
Healthy Living Week
This week at BSB Infants School, we focused on exercise and active lifestyle as part of Healthy Living Week. The children enjoyed being involved in the daily exercise led by our ever so talented teachers.
Wishing everyone a fantastic weekend!
KS1 Sports Day
You are invited to attend our Annual Key Stage 1 Sports Day, which will be happening on Thursday, 18th January at the Batelco Sports’ Centre in Hamala.
Timings for year groups are as follows:
- Year 1 9:00am – 10:30am
- Year 2 11:00am – 1:00pm
We hope that as many parents as possible will come along to support! There will be a Mums’ and a Dads’ race as well, so remember to bring along your trainers!
- Children should come to school in their school P.E. kit.
- Children and teachers will walk to the Batelco Sports’ Centre.
- It is advisable for your child to wear a hat as protection from the sun.
- Children need to bring a light snack to school as usual.
- Children may go home straight after Sports Day. Please ensure you let the teachers know if you are taking your child home from the field so that we know exactly who we are responsible for!
- Alternatively, your child may return to school and be collected from school at the normal time.
- Please note that due to our Y1 and Y2 Sports Day on Thursday 18th January, there will be NO after school clubs. Clubs will resume as normal on Sunday 21st
We are looking forward to seeing you there!
Welcome back and Happy New Year! I would like to say a huge thank you to staff, parents and most importantly the children for such a splendid first term. I hope that everyone managed a little bit of downtime during the well-deserved break.
The beginning of each term is always such an exciting time. The school is buzzing as we welcome everyone back to school to start a brand new term. Term 2 has now well and truly started and your children have quickly settled back into their school routines. It is lovely to see so many happy faces as the children go about their day
I wish you all the best in the coming year and a happy and successful Spring Term.
My very best wishes to you all,