For week commencing Sunday, 27th May
This week children will begin looking at visual literacy to help them stimulate their own creative ideas for writing. We will focus on the Pixar short video “Partly Cloudy”, a story about friendship.
• Write dialogue for the characters
• Write about the qualities they appreciate in a friend. Children will create a friendship flower to decorate and keep. (Please send a passport size photo of your child to school with them on Sunday to stick onto their friendship flower.)
• Write alliterative poems about animals
• Create and name their own unique zoo animal
Next week we will be tackling money. To do this we will work on our coin recognition skills. We will then apply this knowledge by learning how to add and subtract using coins. We will also calculate change left over and even some word problems.
This week in Topic we will be continuing our learning about bonfire night by exploring fireworks more closely. We will become Scientists for the week, and use a variety of materials for an experiment to create our very own (non-flammable) firework in a glass! Throughout the week we will be using our scientific vocabulary to predict, test and write the results of our enquiries.
As the weather is becoming a lot hotter it is essential that your child wears a hat when going out to play. Please, can you ensure your child brings a hat to school every day and that their name is written on the inside. Thank you!
Arabic 1st Set
|الإملاء||تاريخ تسليم الواجب||الواجب||ماسيتعلمه الطالب||الموضوع||المادة|
|أيام الأسبوع ( السبت الأحد ،الإثنين، الثلاثاء الأربعاء، الخميس الجمعة)
يوم الأربعاء 30/5/2018 1.4 /1.8
|يوم الأربعاء 30/5/2018 1.4 /1.8
| – مراجعة الحروف
مع أصواتها وأشكالها
– تحليل وتركيب الكلمات
– قراءة كلمات الدرس
– تكوين جملة مفيدة
|ملاحظة : سيتم عمل تقييم عام لأداء الطلبة في الدروس التي تم دراستها.|
Arabic 2nd Set
|Subject||Topic||Students will learn|
|– Read, write and pronounce the letter
– Learn words that contain the letter.
– The shape of the letter within a word.
– Sounds of the letter.
– Use the learned words to say simple sentences.
– The letter activity.
( Revision )
|English||Sound in Arabic||Meaning in Arabic|
Please note this is a basic overview of the planning for this week. It is impossible to cover in this outline all the learning that takes place during a week.