Month: June 2018
Week Commencing 10th June
As this is the last week before the half term, the children will be following their own lines of inquiry for their learning, supported as always by their teachers. Some children may continue to explore the topic of space, but some children may choose to learn about something completely different. Do ask your children next week what they have been talking about with their teachers 🙂
We are still playing with rhyming words and making up rhymes with our own as we make the final preparations for the move to Reception next year. You could watch the video below and join in the hunt for rhyming words to fuel the Rhyming Rocket! I wonder what rhyming words you will think of?
We have all been exploring 2D shapes throughout this year. Have a go at the following game at home and sort the shapes into their matching shape homes. Make sure your children to name each shape before they click on where it should go 🙂 https://www.topmarks.co.uk/early-years/shape-monsters
Letters: Review of all the alphabets already studied this term.
Pronounce at least 3 words that contain the letters.
· Songs: Alphabets song & colouring song.
· Story: قصة (الأسد والفأر).
- 14th June – start of the Half Term Holiday for Eid Al-Fitr. The date to return to school will be confirmed once the Eid dates are finalised
- 25th June – Scrapbook Share. We invite all parents to come to their child’s Nursery class on Monday 25th June at 11:30 to share and have a look your child’s scrapbook celebrating your child’s achievements over the year. We hope to see you there.
- 28th June – Last Day of Term
Week Commencing 10th July
To all our Reception parents we extend a sincere apology for the last minute change we have had to make to the Reception concert date. Unfortunately, as Ramadan started a little later than expected this year, it is likely that the Eid dates are also going to change. This change will impact the opportunity for the children to prepare on the big stage unless we move the official concert day.
You should have already been notified by email of these changes but, to confirm, the Reception concert will now take place on Sunday 24th June at 11am.
We would not have made this change if we did not feel it was necessary in order to give the children the best chance to be prepared, and again, we are truly sorry for any inconvenience caused. We are grateful for your support and understanding regarding this matter.
This week we are going to review the first 4 digraphs that we learnt in our classes this year: ch, sh, th, and ng. These are digraphs that we find in our reading all the time and so we want to remind the children of just how important they are. If you would like to help us at home, there are Geraldine Giraffe videos for all the sounds below:
The tricky word we will be learning is, none.
In Maths we will continue to explore and learn about numbers beyond 20. Initially we will focus on the numbers between 20 and 30, making sure we realise the difference between 21 and 12, and know which is which. There is lots of practice identifying numbers beyond 20 at https://www.topmarks.co.uk/learning-to-count/helicopter-rescue
In topic we are continuing to learn about how the weather affects our class animal! There might be a little bit of dancing and singing practice for our concert, too.
- 14th June is the start of the half term holiday including the Eid Al-Fitr holiday. The day that children need to return to school will be confirmed as soon as possible once the dates for Eid Al-Fitr are confirmed
- Sunday 24th June – Reception Concert at 11am
- 28th June- Last Day of Term