For week commencing Sunday, 16th September
What is an information text?
This week in Literacy, the children will be exploring different information texts. They will spend time identifying the features of an information text and to then try and recreate an information text, making sure the features are put in the right place.
- Do you know what a caption is?
- What is a fact box?
- What is a sub-heading?
- Do you have an information text at home?
This week in Maths the children will continue to partition numbers using a part-whole model. They will explore different ways of partitioning, for example, 58 is made up of 5 tens and 8 ones or 4 tens and 18 ones, or 2 tens and 38 ones.
Children will end the week by using the addition sign to show partitioning of numbers. For example, partition 24, 2 tens and 4 ones can be written as 20 + 4 = 24
Follow the link below for some fun maths games:
This week in Topic the children are in for a sparkling surprise with a day full of fun and exciting activities all about Beautiful Bahrain. The children will enjoy learning about the traditional food, culture and clothing. We will also be exploring Bahrain through art, music and language.
- Can you use Google Maps to find Bahrain?
- Can you find where you live in Bahrain?
- What are its neighbouring countries?
Using Kidsrex, children can have a go at searching information about Bahrain: http://www.kidrex.org
- Please make sure you comment and sign your child’s reading journal. Reading books need to be in their book bag every day.
- Please remember to bring a water bottle and hat to school everyday.