Week commencing Sunday, 7th October
In Literacy this week we are excited to be learning to read, write, hear and say two more letters (i) and (n).
We will also be practising blending the sounds we have learned to date: s a t p i n. Each class will be creating a display of objects which begin with i and n. If your child can find a small object to contribute please make sure it is labelled with their name and class before they bring it to school. That way each object will be returned to its rightful owner at the end of the week.
In Maths this week we are focusing on counting irregular arrangements of up to 5 objects with speed and accuracy; and investigating different ways of making 4 and 5 eg 4 can be made as 1 and 3 or 2 and 2 or 4 and 0. We will also be continuing to practise the correct formation of the digits 2, 3, 4 and 5.
If your child finds counting up to 5 objects and identifying the correct numeral for the set difficult there is some extra practice at http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/mathgames/earlymath/CountAnimals1to5.htm.
This week each Reception class will be investigating the way colour affects how we feel.
The longer day for the Reception children starts on Sunday 7th October. Children should continue to be in the classroom by 8am on a morning and should be collected promptly at 2pm in the afternoon.
The children will have one 30 minute break outside as well as snack time and lunchtime. To make sure the children are well prepared for these please can you make sure the following is sent into school every day:
- their book bag (with their library book inside)
- a hat/cap (labelled with their name and class)
- a small healthy snack eg a banana, some olives or a small bunch of grapes and a carton of white milk for morning snack (please gauge the amount of snack your child needs by their appetite and how much is left uneaten)
- Lunch eg a sandwich and a yoghurt or cereal bar (or similar)
- a bottle of water (re-usable bottles are much better for the environment)
Please remember school policy does not permit any nut products including peanut butter sandwiches & Nutella; chocolate, candies, chips or flavoured milk.
النشرة الأسبوعية للغة العربية لمرحلة الاستقبال
من تاريخ 30 / 9 إلى 11 / 10 / 2018 م
سيدرس الطالب هذا الأسبوع :
* حرف ( ب ) ( بطة – بيت – بنت – بقرة )
* وحدة مدرستي ( سبورة – حقيبة – ألوان )
* أنشودة الحرف ( ب )
* نشاط : عمل نشاط تطبيقا على الحرف المدروس ( بطة ).
النشيد (بٌ بطة نطت نطة وقعت ضحِكت منها القطة )
|· This week students will be studying:
· The Arabic letter ( ب ) : (Bint – girl ) (Bata – Duck ) ( Baeit – House )
· School unit : ( Saboora – Board ) ( Hakeeba – Bag ) ( Alwan – Colours )
· Song : The letter( ب ) .